Reliable Older Workers Deliver Soft Skills and Motivation
When it comes to hiring new employees, many businesses focus on finding young talent with the latest skills and technology know-how. While this may be a good strategy for some open positions, often older job candidates are being overlooked. After all, seasoned professionals bring a wealth of experience, soft skills, and motivation that can be valuable to a team.
If you are unsure who to onboard for your next project, discuss your short-term and long-term hiring needs with employment experts who can introduce you to candidates that will boost your team’s productivity. To learn more, talk to the professionals at Quality Placement Authority.
How Your Business Could Benefit from Hiring Older Workers
If you are wondering how older workers could help your team, consider the following benefits that could be brought to your business.
- Experience. Older workers have years of experience and knowledge that they can bring to the table. They have developed a wide range of skills and expertise.
- Soft skills. Communication, problem-solving, leadership, and other soft skills are often harder to teach than technical skills, and can make a big difference in a team’s success. Older workers often have stronger soft skills than their younger coworkers.
- Motivation. Mature workers are motivated by different factors than younger workers, such as job security and the opportunity to mentor others. They are also less likely to job hop, which can provide stability to a team.
- Work ethic. Known for their strong work ethic and reliability, older workers understand the importance of showing up on time, meeting deadlines, and putting in the extra effort to get the job done right.
- Low turnover. Hiring older workers can lead to lower turnover rates. This can save a business time and money in the long run, as they won’t need to spend as much on recruiting and training new employees.
For your temporary staffing needs, older workers, retirees, and stay-at-home parents seeking short-term work may be ideal.
Candidate Recruitment, Screening and Training Support
Staffing firms can help your businesses meet its staffing goals, including providing access to part-time and short-term hires when additional projects arise. Additionally, when you have an ongoing relationship with an employment expert, they can provide you with recruitment, screening, and training services. Staffing firms do all of this while staying compliant with labor laws and regulations, reducing pressure on your business.
When you are ready to bring in candidates with a wealth of experience, soft skills, and motivation, on a temporary, part time, or permanent basis, discuss the possibility of 50+ workers with a staffing expert. Often, once a business taps this new pool of talent, they can meet their staffing numbers with ease.
Is it time for your business to begin prioritizing soft skills and motivation in job candidates? If so, hiring older workers could be a good avenue to explore. Talk to the experts at Quality Placement Authority, a full-service staffing and recruiting firm with nationwide service capabilities. Let our pros connect you with the best candidate for your team. Connect with Quality Placement Authority today.